Monday, February 28, 2011

Moving to a New Grade Level....

I will be teaching 2nd grade next year! I am very excited. This was a tough decision. I love the 5th graders, and I love my co-teachers in 5th. I have had 2nd in the back of my mind for a few years now, and this year I asked for the move.
I'm antsy about learning a new curriculum again. I'm also hoping I remember how needy the little ones can be. I'm used to self-efficient students.
But I have been getting tired of fractions/decimals/percents. =) I miss the time to explore and discover.
Yea! =)

3 comments:

Tiffany Ann said...

I am soooo excited for you!!!! You will be great at 2nd grade! Discovery IS more of your thing and you will no longer have to be a life coach as well.

Angie said...

Almost my favorite grade (3rd!). Hope you enjoy the move. Change is always good in teaching (in my unexpert opinion).

Joni said...

you'll love 2nd!
I am impressed that you already know what your teaching next year. Your school must be on top of things.