Sunday, January 23, 2011

Junk Mail!!

My brother's home address is with me until college is finished. Man, did I forget how much junk mail is out there! He gets a credit card offer every day! Many of you may know about this already, but if not: https://www.optoutprescreen.com. I opted out of junk mail a few years ago, and it is awesome!!! And yes, I did the permanent opt out, which means you'll have to mail in a signed document stating so.
Another tactic I use: I cut off the top of his credit card offer that shows his address. I write on the top, "Please take me off your mailing list." Then I mail it back in their pre-paid envelope. I heard about that on a finance show; they hate that!! =)
If by chance you get solicitors on the phone, you can head over to: https://donotcall.gov/.
Just some ideas to get the clutter out of your life. =)

2 comments:

Stephanie and Angela said...

Good advice!!

Stephanie and Angela said...

not sure why it is saying Stephanie and Angela. I am logged into the Hunnicutt blog???