Saturday, March 05, 2011

Latest Pics

I really have not been taking my camera on my outings in... FORever. I'm just not interested in whipping out my camera. We even had our Ladies' Retreat for the church this weekend, and I only got 2 pictures! My goal is to do much better next year!!
my friend Christi
my friend Kim Gibson

Jake got his new Spring haircut. A before/after picture:
Steph had told me about a burger boutique in Atlanta, and I wanted to try it! It's called Flip, if you're ever here; it's near Atlantic Station (IKEA). It had a modern atmosphere and gourmet burgers. Stephanie's favorite is the Southern Burger- battered and deep fried, with chow chow and pimento cheese. I was not quite so adventurous- caramelized onions, green peppers, and mushrooms. But the BEST part is the milkshakes. I didn't get a picture b/c I downed it in a matter of minutes- Nutella with toasted marshmallows. There's also Rice Krispies and Krispy Kreme milkshakes. Sooooo good!
Ben joined us.
Ella enjoyed a yogurt and banana meal.
This one cracked me up!!!!
Thanks, Steph, for the great suggestion!
Bruiser, the ball phython, has been visiting my class for years. But b/c he's getting so old, he hasn't come to the school in a couple of years. Well this year, Michael (the owner) is in MY class, and he's the youngest in his family... it's the last time for Bruiser to make an appearance. Bruiser is about to pass, so I'm so glad he stopped by for a visit. The kids love watching him.
Finally, my brother has decided to become an expert in Irish cuisine. I'm very excited about this. He came to dogsit this weekend and even made dinner for me tonight. Bangers and mash- He made homemade mash potatoes, sausage, caramelized onions, and a homemade gravy!!! I was sooooo impressed.

4 comments:

Tiffany Ann said...

love all the new photos! You have to take me to the burger place next time I come to visit-yummy!!! and how cute is Jake with his new do?? love it

Suzanne said...

Absolutely love the pictures of Ella!

Stephanie and Chris Hunnicutt said...

Love the new pics. The one of Ella cracks me up! The meal Ben cooked sounded better than it looks!! Don't tell him I said that;)

Kelly G said...

fun blog reading! I haven't logged in in a LONG time. I love the pictures (except for the snake) but I must say, as fun as your black feathery vest is, it makes your hair look 12 feet long HA.. so fun!! Hope to see you soon!