Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pumpkin Time!

Back in September I was telling my students about all the exploration we got to do in Kindergarten. I told them about all I did with apples- taste testing, baking, sorting, investigating. They were quite jealous. They begged me to do that for them. I preface my next sentence with this: I loooove my students and this age. However, I miss Kindergarten. In 5th there is so much pressure for them and tests. We have to rush through everything to get to everything. I miss the discovery of K. I have no time for exploration if I am to teach all they need to know. I did agree, though, to do something fun with pumpkins when the season came. It needed to be Math related, so we measured, weighed, estimated/counted seeds. We had a great time!
This is our intern, Amber. She was with us a couple of days a week for the past 3 months. =)

2 comments:

Tiffany Ann said...

you are such a good teacher and so creative!!! I know the kids loved it!

Jillina said...

I wish you were closer and could teach K next year when William goes! That might help me relax and let go a bit :) Seriously you are an amazing teacher. I am way impressed with you all the time!