Saturday, February 06, 2010

He's in the Army now!!!

Well, the 3 months has passed. My little brother has finished his basic combat training for the Army.
This was the first day, Family Day. We were able to retrieve our soldiers after they ran onto the field. We were herded into these bleachers and waited nearly 2 hrs. The forecast had said 50's- I even left my big coat at the hotel. NOT SO!!! NO one was prepared, and businesses made a killing selling their blankets/hats/sweatshirts. When they sold out, people started buying towels to wrap up in!


Here they come! It was so cool to see 1200 soldiers running out from the treeline.


This is Charlie Company (240 soldiers).


And here is the 3rd Platoon (60 soldiers).


Mom and her baby

It was cool to see where Ben has been living. (Don't mind his messy bed. They were allowed 1 day off.)


Some of his awesome friends: Detmer & DeCesare

Charlie Company at the graduation. I loved the ceremony. Everything was so precise, and the creed gave me chills. They spoke in unison, and the last line was shouted: "I am an American Soldier!"


Now Ben is at advanced training for the next 7wks. He's actually at Ft. Jackson again. He's training to be Chaplain Assistant. That's like a bodyguard. =)

5 comments:

Tiffany Ann said...

I know you are so proud of him! Congrats!

suzanne said...

Great picture of you and Ben. Boy, I have beautiful kids! :)

Becky said...

Wow Kim!! That gave me goosebumps to read! Thanks for sharing all of the pics... I'm sure you are SO proud!!!!! :)

Jillina said...

Awww!! So glad to finally see what's going on. I'm with Becky I know you are so proud!

Rachel said...

Gives me chills just thinking about being at the ceremony. I know you are proud. Tell him thank you so much for me! And BTW, I think your bible may need to be retired:)