Friday, October 16, 2009

Army Roller Coaster

So my little brother is going into the Army. He has been talking about the military for a while now. He wants to get in now and do Army Reserve while he finishes school. He'll still be away at boot camp and training for a few months. =(
But I have to- HAVE to- brag. =) He took their test the other day. A passing composite score is 50-99. Ben got a 98!! They were so impressed and said he could do anything. They had him lined up to do military intelligence. That would be so fun for him; he's a foreign affairs' major.
He did the Army physical a couple days ago. He's partially color-blind, and they won't let him do intelligence!!!! I can't imagine how frustrating that would be!! We always knew he couldn't match socks very well but thought it was a guy-thing.
He's not down, though, which I'm impressed about. He's going to be asst. chaplain. I think that could be a great mission field. Who knows what the Army will let him do once he's graduated??? Don't you think there would be some think-tank job he could do without using colors???
P.S. He leaves Nov. 3. We'd love prayers. =)

6 comments:

Tiffany Ann said...

oh Kim I know you and your family are very nervous. I will keep him and you in my prayers.

Josh and Donna said...

you're a great sister! praying!

Angie said...

Keep us updated...

Becky said...

Wow!!!!! Saying prayers! And so sorry about your jaw! What in the world? I have thought I've had that before, but I think I just grind my teeth at night sometimes or something. Hope the therapy is working!

Jillina said...

Aww prayed for you all, please keep me updated.

Tiffany Ann said...

what does your comment mean??