Monday, March 01, 2010

Is it time to retire my Bible?











This has been coming for a long time. My Bible is my most prized possession. Y'all understand. I can flip to verses so quickly; I see highlighted verses in my mind and know where to look. My grandparents gave it to me on my 11th birthday, about a month after I was baptized. A few years ago I put it in a case. But it still kept deteriorating. I even looked into getting it rebound. The inside is still good; I just need a new cover! But unfortunately, it takes months to re-sew and costs a fortune. =( I guess I'll just have to shelve it.

5 comments:

Angie said...

Oh, wow! I didn't realize having them recovered took so long. That was going to be my plan soon-- guess I need to start rethinking.

Becky said...

I was going to get mine recovered too, but haven't yet! Oh, and LOVE the joke below! ha! ha!!!

Unknown said...

hey..how much was it going to cost to get it recovered? and where were you going to get it done? I want to get mine redone too.

Blessed said...

I say recover it! It might take a few months, but it seems so sentimental and special to you, plus you love this particular one. :)

Anonymous said...

yes, retire it and get it off your blog! :)